Saturday and Sunday: By Appointment
Dear Pest Control companies and Applicators,
I would like to remind you about key maintenance procedures you can do to help you save money and get a longer life out of your spraying equipment.
Here is a list of things that you can and should do on a daily basis:
• Check to make sure that your strainer is clean and that the o-ring fits the strainer bowl correctly. Doing so will help you pump last longer.
• Check your engine oil and make sure it is at the proper level and is not black in color. Also check the odor of the oil to make sure it does not smell like gasoline.
If it does, change it. If it is a 5 hp engine 160CC it most likely will take 20 ounces of SAE 30 motor oil (or check your owner’s manual). Clean oil adds years to your engine life.
• When you are not using your sprayer shut off the fuel valve and run the engine until it dies. This will help prevent varnish building up in the carburetor.
It is also wise to use stabilizer in your fuel during storage. You can also use Seafoam.
• Use 91 octane fuel or fuel without ethanol in it for your small engines.
• If you have a diaphragm pump you should change out the diaphragms every 500 hours, or every other year.
The best practice is to change them at the end of each season and then winterize the sprayer. NOW you know you will be ready for the upcoming season.
Proper maintenance means less down time and more profit for you!
• Once a year take the handgun hose off of your reel and turn it end for end. By doing so you will get twice the life out of your hose.
• The cold will be here soon! Sprayers can freeze very easily in cold weather and remember wind chill. We fix many sprayers due to freezing every fall and winter.
• RINSE your sprayer out with fresh water whenever you can…this really adds in expensive maintenance issue in the long run.
These are just a few of the important maintenance procedures you can do to help you end up more profitable and less headaches.
If you have any questions feel free to give us a call at Contree 920-356-0121 or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support and use of our products,
Respectfully and Sincerely,
The Team at Contree Sprayer & Equipment Co. Inc.
W9898 Jackson Road, Beaver Dam, WI 53916